Saturday, July 4, 2015

US Marine/Navy Landing Party Howitzer and Crew

Hello all!

It's been a while since I've posted anything here. All I can say is that work has ramped up quite a bit and I don't have as much free time as I did a few weeks ago. Sometime last week I finished up the field gun and crew, and I managed to snap some pictures of them today.

The (rather blurry) Crew: Sergeant Owens, Corporal Richie, Private Jenkins and Seaman Sherman.

Working the gun.

As I mentioned here, the gun is from Minifigs and the crew is from Lyzard's Grin. The Crew in kepis are painted up as Marines, wearing white dark blue fatigue shirts (with insignia), summer trousers and kepi covers. The sailor is wearing blue trousers, white shirt, "bluejacket" and straw hat, with tarred brim and black ribbon sporting the sailor's ship. The gun is inspired by a number of pictures of Civil War era Dahlgren boat howitzers on field mounts, with grey carriages, black iron and brass fittings and a brass gun tube. All are mounted on clear plastic bases.

Coming soon: I've got several figs on painting sticks ready to be painted. I'll try to get some of them painted over the long 4th of July weekend.

Questions, comments and suggestions are always welcomed and appreciated. Thanks for looking!

-Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment