Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Soldier of the Queen and New Figures

Hello all,

It's been a while since my last post, but I'll admit I haven't had as much time as I would have liked to get some painting in. I did manage to get one chap done, a private soldier of the British Army, wearing a snazzy red coat and foreign service helmet.

Front view

Back view

This a RAFM figure from their Riel Rebellion range. His rifle is wrong for 1890 (he's carrying what I would assume to be a Snider rifle where he ought to be packing a Lee-Metford), but I was willing to look past this to get figures wearing the home service helmet. Back home I already have a unit of British troops from the Zulu War era wearing white foreign service helmets, so I wanted something a little different. I've painted this stalwart chap with dark blue facings, but have yet to have assigned him a Regiment to belong to... any suggestions?

Also, I've managed to acquire a few more miniatures, this time on the cheap. One of my favorite gaming supply websites has a discount section, and I was able to pick up these two packs at discounted prices:

West Wind: Dracula's Evil Cossack Guards w/ Muskets

Spartan Games: Federated States of America HMG Section
I plan on using the Cossack Guards as the personal bodyguard of a Russian officer... which I have yet to name or purchase a figure for. Ostensibly he and his Evil Cossacks have been dispatched to track down the Russian prizefighter-turned-steam-mechanic Ivan Moscova.

The HMG section, even though it is marketed as belonging to the wonky Steampunk U.S.A. proxy "The Federated States of America," will not be joining my Americans on Mars, but instead will b the start of a French contingent. I'll have to come up with some kind of explanation regarding the weird twin-Gatling/Maxim/Hotchkiss/Mitrailleuse weapon system these guys are rocking... again, any suggestions? I know I don't have many readers, but maybe I'll get lucky and someone will come up with something.

Coming soon: I still have a bunch of dudes on painting stands awaiting to be painted and/or half painted. Really all I'm fighting right now is my mojo... need to get it back.

Questions, comments and criticisms are always welcomed and appreciated. Thanks for looking!

-Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment